We will add any employment vacancies within this section.
If you would like to volunteer to help within our School please contact the office, and a member of staff would be pleased to talk to you about the simple and quick registration process.
We welcome all kinds of volunteering support.
All recruitment and all volunteering posts will be subject to our safer recruitment practices, extensive information is available within the Northumberland County Council website – Click here
Jobs & career opportunities available through Northumberland County Council are advertised – Click here
School direct information – Click here
Sign up for our regular e newsletters, follow us on twitter @HeddonSchool & Like us on Facebook ‘Heddon St Andrews School’
Teaching Assistant to work with SEND Child.
Contract Type: Permanent Variable Hours (15-25 hours per week) term time only
Working Pattern: Part Time – initially 20 hours per week – 9am-1pm
Salary: Band 3
Heddon-on-the-Wall St. Andrew’s CE Primary School, Trajan Walk, Heddon-on-the-Wall, Northumberland NE15 0BJ
The successful candidate to be available to start on Monday 30th October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Governors of Heddon-on-the-Wall St. Andrew’s CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding, hardworking and committed Teaching Assistant to support a child with SEND within Key Stage 2. Heddon St. Andrew’s is a one form entry primary school and we need a dedicated professional who shares our school values and aims and can promote our Christian ethos within the school and wider community.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an excellent teaching assistant who has high expectations of self and others and is passionate about enabling
all children to achieve success;
• Be well motivated and committed to helping to provide a stimulating, happy and caring learning environment where
all children are valued as unique individuals;
• Offer a blend of determination with a calm disposition, creative problem solving, resilience and humour.
We need someone who is:
• Passionate about children’s learning, progress and well-being;
• Experienced in working with children with SEND;
• Committed to achieving high standards of learning and behaviour for all children;
• Able to share in delivering our ethos and vision through our core Christian values.
We can offer you the opportunity:
• To work in a very happy, vibrant and successful school which is the heart of the local community;
• To work with our enthusiastic, responsive, polite and friendly children;
• Work with a dedicated, committed and active team of staff, Governors and parents.
Visits to the school are very warmly welcomed, by arrangement.
Please telephone Ms. Lynda Henderson on 01661 853350 to make an appointment.
Please visit our website, www.heddon-school.co.uk for further information about the school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing Date: Thursday 12th October 2017 (noon)
Shortlisting: Friday 13th October 2017
Observations / Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 16th October 2017
Application forms can be found by clicking here