- Provide the long term strategic direction to how the School is managed;
- Act as a “critical friend”, supporting the work of the Headteacher and all staff; and
- Ensure the school is accountable for its actions to the Pele Trust.
- School policies, such as discipline, dress, sport, bullying and homework;
- Advising the Pele Trust on the long term plans and the future of the school;
- How the delegated school budget from the Pele Trust will be spent;
- How the school will try to reach performance targets;
- Appointment and dismissal of staff;
- Complaints from pupils, staff and parents;
- Repair and maintenance of school buildings; and
- Use of school premises outside school hours.
- Parent Members: parents of children at the school (appointed by parent election);
- Staff Members: members of the school staff;
- Co-opted Members: members of the local community (appointed by the rest of the Academy Committee);
- Foundation Members: representatives of St Andrews Church / the Church of England.
The Chairs of the sub committees are:
Staffing: Mrs. M. Robson (Chair of Committee) – correspondence c/o School Address
Curriculum: Mrs. H. Abbott (Chair of Committee)
Who are our School Academy Committee members? – Click here
Academy Committee members Terms of Office and Pecuniary Interests (Updated September 2023) – Click Here
Code of Conduct for Academy Committee Members (Signed) (Pele Trust) (Updated November 2022) – Click Here
Register of attendance at Full Academy Committee Meetings (Updated November 2023) – Click Here
Register of attendance at Curriculum Sub Committee Meetings (Updated July 2023) – Click Here
Register of attendance at Staffing Sub Committee Meetings (Updated July 2023) – Click Here
Register of attendance at Finance & Premises Committee (Updated July 2023) – Click Here
Register of staff interests – Click Here
Good schools have strong governance – A video from -The National Governors Association.
What is a Academy Committee members role ? – Click here
Who are our Academy Committee members? – Click here
Restrictions upon Academy Committee members- Click here
Information on Pele Trust Academy Committee members – Click here